Grossglockner via The Normal Route
Grossglockner, with its 3798 meters, is the highest peak in Austria. It is situated on the border between Carinthia and the East Tyrol. On the North-East slopes of the mountain lies the Pasterze glacier, which with its leght of 9 km is the biggest glacier in the Eastern Alps. To this extremely beautiful place leads the panoramic Grossglockner High Alpine Road, which is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Austria. Grossglockner is one of the most desired peaks for mountaineers along with Matterhorn and Mont Blanc.
Per person for minimum 2 clients - 495 €
Per person for minimum 4 clients - 264 €The group is maximum 4 people.
Всички обявени цени са без включено ДДС
The Price Includes
- All guiding fees;
- Group climbing equipment (ropes & karabiners);
- 1 night accommodation in Erzherzog-Johann hut.
The Price Does Not Include
- Travel to and from Kals am Grossglockner;
- Lodging in Kals am Grossglockner;
- Mountain rescue insurance;
: Kals am Grossglockner
Arrival and accommodation in Kals am Grossglockner. Meeting with your guide in the evening, equipment check and briefing.
: Erzherzog-Johann hut (3454m) - 5 hours
: Grossglockner (3798m) - 8/9 hours
: Extra Day for Bad Weather
The additional day to this program is planned in case of a bad weather.
To accomplish the climb you need to be in excellent physical condition and to have previous mountaineering experience including few long outings, self-arrest technique, use of an ice-axе and crampons and rock climbing max. grade 3.
- 40-litre rucksack;
- Mountaineering boots - warm and suitable for crampons;
- Gaiters (with a strap under the boot);
- Crampons with anti-balling system;
- Classic ice axe;
- 1 or 2 telescopic ski poles;
- Lightweight and comfortable climbing harness + cow`s-tail with screw-gate karabiner;
- Lightweight helmet;
- Warm socks (+ spare pair);
- Carline-type thermal T-shirt, avoid using cotton as it absorbs moisture and dries slowly;
- Polar fleece sweater;
- Down or Thermolite jacket;
- Carline-type or stretch polar fleece leggings;
- Waterproof jacket (with hood) and over-trousers (Gore Tex);
- Hat or headband;
- Ski goggles;
- Pair of lightweight gloves;
- Pair of warm gloves or mittens;
- High SPF sun cream;
- 1-litre insulated water bottle;
- Snack food.